Best Car Hire Tips For Your Next Adventure Road Trip In Australia
These best car hire tips will help you save money when you plan your next driving Australia holiday or road trip.
Car Hire is an important part of organising your holiday along with accommodation, flights and insurance if you require them.
If you can save money with each booking you do, you will have some extra cash for the fun experiences, tours and activities.
There are five major car hire brands in Australia.
- Budget Car Hire Australia has a big range of vehicles including 4wds and commercial vehicles.
- Thrifty Car Hire Australia offers car hire in over two hundred locations in Australia.
- Hertz Car Hire Australia has 220 car hire locations nationally in Australia, in every state and territory, at major airports and major towns.
- Avis Car Hire Australia is a well known brand with a wide variety of cars with all the comforts required.
- Europa Car Hire Australia is a reliable and affordable car rental company with locations throughout Australia and the Asia Pacific region.
Car Hire Tips To Save You Money
All these car hire tips will help you keep your holiday spending within your budget.
- Compare car hire prices between the different brands as the car hire is a very competitive business. The major brands are Budget, Hertz, Europa, Avis and Thrifty car hire in Australia. For more information visit www.discovery-carhire.com.au
- Hire the car by weekly or monthly rates rather than by a daily rate as a discount is usually offerered the longer term hire.
- You may have a discount travel cards that can offer discount car hire in Australia.
- If you are offered an upgrade of size of the car remember it will most likely cost more for fuel. So if you watching your budget go with the cheaper vehicle if it suits your needs.
- Before booking the vehicle ask about any fees or taxes that will add to the price of the car. For example - returning the car late, fuel usage, excess mileage, airport tax etc.
- You may find that hiring a car is cheaper during the week rather than the weekend, public and during school holidays.
- An example of what maybe included with your car hire are GST, registration fees, insurance, unlimited mileage, recovery fees, check for any other costs if applicable so you don't get any suprises when you return the vehicle.
- Car hire prices and booking availability can change anytime, so it maybe best to book as soon as you have decided to hire a car for your holiday or road trip.
- Different car hire companies will have different models of vehicles which maybe sized as compact, small, medium, large of luxury. Before hiring a car check that it is a suitable size the the number of people and luggage to be carried.
- If you are travelling with a baby or toddler you may like to take your child's car seat instead of paying extra. If you are using your own childs seat make sure the vehicle has an anchor point installed.
- Check with the hire car company what your responsibility is if an accident occurs or vehicle repairs are required. The staff from the car hire service should give you their contact phone number in case you have an accident or breakdown with the hire documents. Confirm all of these details with them before you leave.
- Check the condition of the hire car before you set off, look for any damage of any kind on the car. Make sure any damage is noted before you leave.
- Most likely your car hire company will ask for for security while you are using their vehicle. Which could be a deposit or bond which could be cash or your credit card details.
All these car hire tips will give you an insight into hiring a car for your next holiday and you will have wonderful Scenic Road Trips
The Car Hire Tips When Using And Returning
Make sure the car hire company gives you a phone number in case of a breakdown or any other enquiries you may have while you are travelling on the road.
- Return the hire car on time as charges may apply for every hour or day that is late.
- Prior to returning the hire car fill it with fuel at a nearby petrol station that is near the car hire drop off point. The hire company may charge more per litre if they fill it from there fuel supply.
Related Pages - Planning a Road Trip
More Tips For Renting A Car
Planning A Road Trip Ideas And Tips
Road Trip Planning And Driving Guide
Cheap Road Trips Budget Calculator And Tips
Great Australian Road Trip Ideas, Tips And Suggestions
OR Go to the Site Map to see every Travel Australia page available on this website. Newest pages are marked.
Go from Car Hire Tips to Australia Travel Information Main Page
Go from Car Hire Tips to Travel Australia Home Page
Return to Top of Page